Our Thai Trout recipe is one that that is tried and true—at 10,000 feet.
- 4 15” trout filets or 14 small trout, poached and de-boned
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried onion
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preparation at Home
- Mix dry ingredients together and put in Ziploc bag
Cooking on the Trail
- When cooking trout too small to fillet, boil them first for about 5 minutes in the 1.5L Cooking Pot or Group Cooking System and de-bone.
- Reserve the liquid and combine the rest of the recipe mixture in pot and cook through.
- Add the de-boned trout to mixture, heat through, and serve over rice*.
*NOTE: Be sure to use instant rice, not whole grain, which will never cook at altitude.