Hot Granola Breakfast
"I realize the importance of food for fuel in our bodies and expecting optimal performance from our bodies, we must fuel ourselves optimally. When I am in the backcountry I like to travel extremely light. I like pushing my body to the limit and expect the same from my equipment, and this Jetboil stove of mine seems to have passed the test. This is a great way to start the day and gives you the desired energy to stick with you for a couple of hours." - Courtesy of Neil Bangs via jetboil.com
Hot Granola Breakfast Ingredients
- 1 cup of dried oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup trail mix (I prefer raisins, cranberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, papaya, pineapple, and coconut flakes)
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp of brown sugar
- Choice of fruit for the side, such as apple or banana
Hot Granola Breakfast Recipe Instructions
- At home, in a Ziploc bag, combine oats, trail mix, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- On the trail, bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add the pre-packed ingredients.
- Boil for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve immediately.